Today's claddagh ring blog features the RCSI in Dublin. The historic College has been at its location on St Stephen's Green since 1810.
The building was seized by rebels led by Michael Mallin and Countess Markievicz during the 1916 Easter Rising.
The college Mace is a fantastic example of Irish craftmanship.
On March 24th 1854 the college's silver mace was ordered from messrs. West and Son of College Green at a cost of 110 pounds.
The mace is used during ceremonial events such as conferring ceremonies of students and when significant individuals are presented with Honorary Doctorates or Fellowships of the RCSI College.